We are not very fond of veggies but we try to incorporate them in our daily meals one way or the other. At least one day in a week is strict vegetarian day for us.
Today was the veg-day, so we decided to have Zucchini for lunch. We usually bake them but today we wanted to try something different, so we made our version of simple, easy and quick Zucchini Curry!
It turned out to be delicious due to which we would love to share it with our readers as well.
So, here goes the recipe of Zucchini Curry:
- 400 -500 grams Zucchini, peeled and sliced in rounds
- 1/4 cup Cooking Oil
- 2 medium Onions sliced
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 medium Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder (or to taste)
- 1 -2 Green Chilies finely chopped
- Hand full of Coriander finely chopped
- Heat oil on a medium flame. Add onions and ginger garlic paste. Sauté for two minutes.
- When the color of onion starts changing (pinkish brown), add tomatoes, along with cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt.
- Mix everything well and cook until the oil starts appearing on top. (We also added a small peeled, cubed potato at this stage, but its totally up to ones personal preference)
- Once the oil comes up, add Zucchini and mix it well.
- Turn the flame low, cover the pan (you might also need to add little water) and let it cook for another ten minutes or until the zucchini is cooked through.
- And it’s done! Garnish with green chili and coriander. Serve it with rice or Indian flat bread (chapatti) or Arabic Bread (Khubus), as per your liking!
Do try it and let us know how did you find it 🙂