- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1 kg Chicken (with bone, cut in 8 pieces)
- 1 tbsp heaped Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 3 – 4 Tomatoes sliced
- 1 tsp heaped (or to taste) Salt
- 1 tsp heaped (or to taste) Crushed Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 tsp crushed Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Yogurt (optional)
- Chopped Coriander leaves (for garnish)
- On a medium flame, heat 1/4 cup oil in a pan. Add ginger garlic paste and chicken. Sauté until the chicken’s color changes.
- Once the water has dried out, add tomatoes, salt, black pepper, crushed cumin and coriander. Cook it for another 5 – 10 minutes.
- Then cover the pan, reduce the flame and let it cook until the chicken is fully done and water has dried out.
- Once the chicken is tender, remove the cover (You can also add yogurt at this stage but its completely optional as per your linking). Mix it well until the oil comes on top.
- Chicken Karahi is now ready! Garnish with coriander and enjoy with chapati or naan.